These 121 routes are specifically selected to appeal to toddlers to grade-schooler, with reasonable distances (most hikes are less than 5 miles) and manageable elevation gain (less then 1,000 feet in most cases). A "quick guide" helps you decide where to go - whether it's to marvel at redwoods, find wildflowers, play on the beach, spot fossils, or check out waterfalls!
- distance, elevation gain, and difficulty level
- suggested "turnaround points" to meet youngsters' different needs
- best seasons to go, bathroom availability, and stroller accessibility
- trail-head GPS coordinates and driving directions
- full-color maps and photo
- helpful icons for special features: wildlife, splash zones, historic interest, and more
- useful advice for hiking with kids, trail activities, and trail safety